Monday, June 4, 2012

Missing Redplum Inserts?

I noticed that we've had a few people ask why the Harrison area hasn't been getting RP inserts lately.
Well, I have good news & bad news.

The bad news first.........
According to Redplum.com, "Unfortunately, the RedPlum Coupon Book is not currently available in your area. Look to redplum.com for valuable grocery coupons, offers and savings tips."
This is news to me!  I've always gotten rp inserts in my ADG. Well, that is, until a few weeks ago.
After doing a little internet digging, I found out that people across the country are having this same problem.  
Valassis, the company that produces the RP inserts, has pulled out of a lot of local newspapers.  Instead, they are pushing their printables & coupons by mail.  According to their website, the coupons by mail aren't available in our area.  


The good news???   The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  
Complain to them on facebook, send them e-mails on their website, and call your local newspaper!  
I am, by no means calling for a boycott of the local newspapers, but couponers are a big source of revenue for them.  If subscriptions are cancelled & sales go down, maybe they will also start calling for change.  




I know it isn't much information, but it's what I could find without calling a million different places.  I will continue to work on this. 


HAPPY SAVINGS!
~Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment